Kylies International Blog - November 2021

I cannot believe that we are already in November! The year is almost done and now that we are finally out of lockdown here in Melbourne Australia, the remaining weeks of this year are going to fly by so quickly! 

Here is my card for Kylies November Monthly International Highlights - Indoor plants are so trendy right now and I have been wanting to use the Macramé 3D embossing folder. 

Really happy with the result - dont forget to vote for me HERE

Watch my YouTube video HERE


What you will need:

* So I have used Crumb Cake as my card base mine is top folding one as its easier for me to photograph. So this would be 29.7cm x 10.5cm scored at 14.9cm or 11" x " scored at 5½"

* Next layer is in Basic White which I have run through my machine and embossed it using the Macrame 3D embossing folder. My new favourite embossing folder! 

* I did reach into my stash for this card as I stamped and die cut extra images from this bundle for a previous project. If not, all you will need to do is stamp the leave images and die cut them with the matching dies provided in this bundle.

* So for this project I used:

  • 5 leaf plant image stamped in Evening Evergreen
  • 2 x aloe vera image stamped in Garden Green (1 was 2nd generation to give a lighter shade)
  • dotted plant stamped in Cajun Craze 
  • pot in Cinnamon Cider
  • The other pot was actually from the Designer Series Paper. But if you do not have this, you can certainly stamp the pot using Evening Evergreen or whichever colour you want. 
  • Lastly I die cut the hanging basket die in Crumb Cake
Once all the elements were stamped and die cut I arranged them so they look like  below.



* I used some Very Vanilla bakers twin to add another element to the card and I looped this through the hole in the die cut like so:



If anyone knows what this knot is called please let me know in the comments as I use it all the time and like the way it looks. 

Next I adhered both of the "pot plants: onto my macrame layer - one was adhered with the Tombow multi purpose glue and the other with dimensionals 

Lastly I stamped my sentiment "Thank you" from the same stamp set in Evening Evergreen and layered this on a piece of Crumb Cake before adhering it to the card.

I just loved out this turned out - so please vote for my card (link down below)  


 





10 Comments

  1. Who doesn't love plants! Great card Alice, especially love the macramé! Thanks for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, Alice!! I love the textured background! ~ Kim Kroeker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Alice! The macramé embossing really sets it all off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Alice! I love how you’ve ‘tied’ the hanging baskets. Great background!

    ReplyDelete