Top Ten International Highlights Winners Blog Hop August 2020 - World of Good


Firstly thank you again for those that voted for me. This has enabled me to participate in Kylie's International Top Ten Winners Hop. YAY!

I am so excited to share this card with you.  The window card was inspired by Pinterest picture by Taffy Crafting - although she used pampered pets bundle and layout was slightly different. When I saw her card, I immediately thought the window layout would be perfect for the Beautiful World bundle, as it has the 2 different sides of the globe.

Perfect for a male card too for all the wonderful men in our lives, so this one is also dedicated to my lovely husband. 

You can also watch how I made this card in Misty Moonlight by clicking HERE

What I used:

Stamps/Dies

Beautiful World stamp and die bundle

Cardstock

Cinnamon Cider Card standard base portrait - 14.9cm x 10.5cm or 5 1/4" x 4"   

Clear window layer 14.9cm x 10.5cm or 5 1/4" x 4"   

Whisper white layer 14.4cm x 10cm or 5" x 3 3/4" 

Designer series paper 18cm x 10cm cut into 4 equal pieces (each piece will be 10cm x 4.5cm or 6" x 3 3/4"cut into 4 equal pieces (each piece will be 1 1/2"x 3 3/4") 

Piece of cinnamon cider large enough to cut out 2 circles from the circle die part of the beautiful world dies

Piece of cinnamon cider and whisper white large enough to stamp the thank you sentiment approx 5 x 2 cm or 2"x 3/4" (I used cinnamon cider for the front and whisper white for the inside).

Piece of gold foil large enough to cut out 2 of the globe dies part of the beautiful world dies and 2 pieces large enough to mat the sentiment pieces.

Ink

Early Espresso

Adhesives

Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Dimensionals


You will need to actually cut 2 strips from the front panel of your card base. 

The first piece measuring 10.5cm x 5cm or 4" x 1 3/4" (this piece will form the bottom piece of the front panel)

Second piece measuring 10.5cm x 4.9cm  or 4" x 1 3/4" (this piece you can use to cut out the circle piece x 2 for the backing for our globes)

You will then adhere the window sheet to the top flap of your card base so it now becomes the front panel of your card. Then add your first strip of cinnamon cider to the bottom of the window piece. The best way to do this is to stand the card up and line it up with the back panel.

Adhere the globes that you cut out with the gold foil on the circle of the cinnamon cider cardstock with liquid glue as it allows you to position the globe perfectly. 

Then adhere the DSP to the top and bottom flaps of your card, followed by the globe stand, and one of the globe pieces to the front panel of your card like so:

I did stamp the "Thank you" from the Beautiful World stamp set but I used washi tape to cover the bottom words as I just wanted the Thank you. This was on a cinnamon cider piece and stamped with Early Espresso ink. I used dimensionals for the sentiment piece. 

I then flipped the card around and did the exact same thing to the other side. Although this time I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White card stock as I felt to matched the card insert and I stuck it on with liquid glue. 

Lastly I stamped my card insert with "You make the world a better place" in Early Espresso. I did use a pencil to mark where I wanted to stamp so that when you close the card, you can see the sentiment peeking through. I stamped the little compass on the bottom right hand corner also in Early Espresso. 

So thank you for sticking with me. This card did have a few more extra steps but I am so happy with the results that it was totally worth it.


Please look at the other creators in the blog hop below as they are amazing! 

5 Comments

  1. Love this card, I have nit made one like this myself but it is on my to do list. Thanks for the step by step pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work here Alice! Always great to see how others put their own stamp on life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Alice! And do love how it is perfect for men and women. Congrats on making it to the top ten blog hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a rich, elegant looking card, Alice! ~ Kim Kroeker

    ReplyDelete