October International Highlights Winner Hop 2021

 


Wow! Its been a while since I have made the top 10 so the biggest "thank you" for everyone that voted for me. This has enabled me to participate in Kylie's International Top Ten Winners Hop. YAY!

So it has been cold and wet in Melbourne of late so I really wanted something that was the total opposite! I wanted something that would be bright, cheerful and sunny to celebrate the lifting of some restrictions and being able to leave the house. The Celebrate Sunflowers bundle is what came to mind. 

This is definitely one of my favourites and definitely a must have as its so versatile and I have used this bundle many times. Now, yes Sunflowers are generally yellow but I really wanted to use the Pale Papaya shimmer vellum and for some reason I love this colour but have rarely used in any of my projects. So I wanted to mix some old with the new (Celebrate Sunflowers and Pale Papaya!)

Watch my YouTube video here

What you will need:


* Lets start off with our standard size card base in Pale Papaya - I generally do make top folding cards as they are easier to photograph. So this would be 29.7cm x 10.5cm scored at 14.9cm or 11" x " scored at 5½"

* Next is our layer of the gold foil cardstock cut 14.4cm x 10cm or 5¼"x 4". I find that the gold foil just adds that touch of elegance to any card especially one that is clean and simple in design. 

Gold foil definitely is not cheap so I generally do use it to die cut some pieces from the center so get more bang for my buck. So I did die cut a little circle from the centre of my piece which I will use as the centre of our sunflower just to tie in more of that gold foil.

* Our third card layer in Basic white is 14.1cm x 10cm or 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" 

* For the die cut pieces you will need a piece of basic white and Pale Papaya shimmer vellum, approximately 9cm x 9cm or 3½" x 3½" would be sufficient to cut out our sunflower

* A strip of Pale Papaya card stock approx 10cm x 3cm or 4"x 1¼"  to cut out the T, H, A, N, K, S from the Playful Alphabet die set 

You have probably heard me say this many times, but I really love the shimmer vellum. It is so much fun to play with and adds that splash of sparkle to your projects.

So firstly I attached the gold centre piece to the back of the Basic White detailed sunflower die cut piece before adhering this to the to the outline die cut piece of Pale Papaya shimmer vellum using the tombow multi purpose glue. 


Next I used dimensionals to pop up the sunflower and adhere this to the Basic White Card layer towards the top half of the card. 

I then layered this onto the gold foil layer before adding this to our Pale Papaya Card base. 

Next we add the die cut letters to form the word "thanks". Now I had 2 options here: the hard way which was the line up the letters so that they were straight or the EASY way which was to scatter them so it didn't matter if they were straight. 

Lastly I embellished with the Genial Gems, not only are these absolutely gorgeous but they have some sparkle in the centre which goes so well with the shimmer vellum.

I loved how this turned and I am sure it would brighten up the recipient's day! Don't forget to check out Kylie's card and the other Top Ten winners. They are all AMAZING! 

Please look at the other creators in the blog hop below as they are amazing! 


14 Comments

  1. Yay! A card to celebrate the lifting of restrictions. Love it. Congrats Alice on making it to the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Thanks Kylie! We can enjoy the next few days of nice weather too!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty card! So honored to be hopping with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card . It brings so much Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this card! Clean and simple! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Julie! So honoured to be hopping with you. I watch your youtube videos all the time.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card Alice - totally bright and cheery!
    I love the pale papaya and that shimmer velum rocks! The gold is a lovely detail. :)

    ReplyDelete