Boho Indigo meets the in colours 2020 -2022

Welcome back lovelies. I hope everyone is well. 

We have survived the first week of remote learning. So big pat on the back to all the parents and their kids and hopefully no one got detention! hahaha. Don't forget all the teachers out there as well who are working in these crazy times.

Whilst for us in Victoria, Australia we are into week 2 (I think) of Lockdown no. 2. I hope everyone continues to stay safe and healthy. 

I am definitely glad that the weekend is here, after some crazy days juggling schooling and working from home, I now need some crafting therapy to recharge. 

Ok, so I have been loving the Boho Indigo product medley. As the name suggest, being a product medley it has a medley of products (sorry I couldn't help myself 😁) Highly recommended for beginners crafters like myself.



So I was looking at the leaf punch outs that is part of this medley and it gave me inspiration for a green and gold card. I had yet to use the new Just Jade cardstock that I had got a few weeks ago so was excited to finally have an idea on how I wanted to use it. I am so happy how this turned out that I also made it in the other in-colours Bumble and Magenta Madness. Let me know in the comments which one is your favorite.


Stamps/Dies:

- Boho Indigo Product Medley 

Cardstock

- Just Jade card base standard size  14.9cm x 10.5cm or 5 1/4" x 4"   

- Gold foil layer 7cm x 14.9 cm or 2 3/4" x 5 1/4 

- Strip of the embossed sheet from the medley (or you can emboss your own very vanilla strip)  5cm x 14.9cm or 1 3/4"x 5 1/4"

- Very vanilla layer for the card insert  - 14.4 x 10cm or 5" x 3 3/4" (note: I did use whisper white for my layer as I don't have any very vanilla cardstock yet) 

- Small piece of Whisper White -enough to stamp and die cut a vase 

- Small piece of Just Jade - enough to cut out 3 leaves from the Boho Indigo dies

- Small piece of gold foil - enough to cut out 3 leaves from the Boho Indigo dies

- I also used a leaf and sentiment cut out from the medley set

Ink

Just Jade

Crumb cake

Adhesives

Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Mini Glue Dots

Dimensionals

Other

Gold Twine or paper flower from the medley.


So not a lot of stamping for this card yet I still managed to get ink all over my fingers hahahaha. 

Using the small piece of whisper white I stamped the largest vase from the stamp set in Crumb cake and cut that out using the matching die from the set. 

I then used Just Jade ink to stamp out that same vase onto my card layer and also on the card envelope front so that they all match (I just love when everything matches 😊).  And then the "thank you" stamp on a one of the pre cut sentiment strips that comes with the medley.  


I then die cut out all my leaves that from the Just Jade and Gold foil pieces. 

Now I think I talked about this in a previous blog entry, but I seriously love this die set. I just love the embossed detail on the leaves.

I then used liquid glue to adhere the embossed strip of card stock onto my gold foil layer. 

The hardest bit of this card I found was trying to arrange the leaves behind the vase. Now, I am no florist and I suck at this with real life flowers too. So it took me a while with delicate cardstock leaves, but I got there in the end. I then used liquid glue and stuck the vase on first and then tucked each of the leaves in as per my arrange. TIP: glue the back ones on first. I also ended up used a leaf cutout from the medley for my centre piece. 



Once that was done, I embellished with a bow from gold twine and stuck that on with a glue dot. Lastly I adhered the thank you sentiment with some dimensionals. 


I hope you enjoyed this card, and let me know what you think of the bumble bee or magenta madness version. I have a hard time deciding between each of them but I did change them up a little and did embellish those ones with the paper flowers that came with the set.  

See you next time and stay healthy xx 




0 Comments