9 weeks to Christmas - Snowbody Better

Can you believe we have 9 weeks to Christmas?  

Welcome back to my 12 week series - where I will bring you a quick and simple Christmas projects that are quick and easy to make so you can mass produce or make in a hurry. 

Today's card does involve heat embossing but I have tried to keep in simple if you wanted to mass produce these. 

Watch my YouTube video HERE



What you will need:

Snowbody Better stamp set and the Stamparatus or whatever stamping tool you have

* Versamark ink

* Standard size card base in Basic Black - Top folding card so would be 29.7cm x 10.5cm scored at 14.9cm or 11" x " scored at 5½"  

* Silver Foil card layer 14.4cm x 10cm  or 5¼" x  4"

* Basic Black card layer 13.9 x 9.5cm or 5" x  3 ¾"  


First grabbing your Basic Black card layer we are going to use the large stamp image from the Snowbody Better stamp set which is the group of snow people. I recommend using the Stamparatus or a stamping tool as its a large image and we want to make sure we get a good layer of versamark ink on the card.

Next we will use the silver embossing powder and a heat gun to set the embossing. I did get some warping of my card stock. To flatten you can just put it underneath a heavy object. Or what I like to do is sandwich this between a new set of cutting plates and run it through stamping cut and emboss machine.

Once that's set you can add your sentiment again using the same technique. I did do mine separately but you can emboss both the image and sentiment at the same time.

Next we just have to adhere each of the card layers with the Tombow. How simple is this? but using silver foil and silver embossing powder, we have jazzed up this clean and simple card. You can pop up one of the layers on dimensionals if you wish but I thought I would keep my card relatively flat so that I wouldn't have any issues with sending the card through the post.

If you dont have any embossing powder, dont worry. Heres a card I made using just stamping and coordinating card stock of the Grey Granite to layer the pieces. 



Some other options for you using - this one is Fresh Freesia and Gray Granite if you didn't want to use silver embossing powder:

This one is Balmy Blue with Silver embossing:



0 Comments